Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"The Lion King"





In my last blog I talked about "the king", but now I would like to talk about "The Lion King" *Roar*. The Lion King is one of my favorite movies ever. Most people know about "The Lion King" because it is a popular movie(at least i think it is). It not only is a popular movie, it is a movie that belongs to very popular company's, Walt Disney Feature Animation and Walt Disney Pictures. So here's some movie information found on the imdb site about one of my favorite movies.
On June 24, 1994, the Lion king was released in the U.S. This animated film was directed by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff. Some of it's writers include Irene Mecchi and Johnathan Roberts.It won 2 Oscars, including a win for the original song, "Can you Feel the Love Tonight". It was also nominated for other awards as well(including 2 more nominations for the Oscars) and won other awards (including 3 Annie awards). Some of it's cast include Matthew Broderick as adult Simba and Nathan Lane as Timon. If you have not seen the Lion king and have no idea what it's about, I can say that it is a story about a lion and his journey to become the rightful king of his tribe! Yes, that statement does not nearly do it enough justice, but although it's an animated film, I just like it a lot. I like the story and even the simple struggle's the lion faces. Even animated movies can inspire us and can effect us positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment