Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gene Kelly



picture 1 from www.pictureshowman.com/.../Singing_3.jpg
picture 2 from http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000037/bio credited to be from mptvimages.com


Have you ever seen Singin' in the Rain? One of the stars of the movie was a man named Gene Kelly. Gene Kelly wasn't originally on screen. In fact, he started on Broadway first and then went to the M-G-M Studios world to do one movie. He was required to do it because of his contract. Gene Kelley continued on in the film world, however, and was in other movies, such as Pilot #5 in 1943 and On the Town in 1949. He was also a producer and director. He was a director for Singin' in the Rain in 1952 (which he also acted, danced, and I believe sing in) and he also directed A Guide for the Married Man in 1967. Gene Kelley was an artist that worked in various fields. he was talented, and passed away in 1996. For me personally, I know him best from his role in Singin' in the Rain. If I remember correctly, he tap danced in the film, and dancing is something that I can relate to him on. I can respect him as a dancer, actor, and I can respect him in other areas as well. He is an inspiration, although I did hear he was mean at times. *Btw...if you haven't seen Singin' in the Rain, I think that it would be a worth while film to watch*
*Note: There was information in this that was found off of www.imdb.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment