Saturday, May 8, 2010






"History is about research and analysis, it clarifies and classifies, whereas poetry describes the mess that historians try to clear up." -Walid Bitar, History and Poetry.
Poetry is an interesting form of art. Instead of visual elements such as a painting, or a drawing would use, poetry uses words to paint the picture, or share an emotion or story. It, like all art, can either amuse or entertain. It can be simple in words, or it can be more "upgraded" in it's use of language. While some may say one poem is not as good as another poem, I think any sincere tasteful poem is a good poem. I feel like a grandma in not liking "distasteful" poetry or art, but there are things out there that i think I would rather pass on. I wanted to share one of my own poems from when I was in High School. In my life, poetry has been more of an outlet and expression a lot of the time. This was a poem I wrote my junior year when one of my best friends was about to graduate. I added more to it later though.

"Time"
What day is it? What month?
How did this happen...time went so fast.
I look at the pictures and I'm different
Than who I use to be
I was so young, but I felt so old
Getting older every moment
Every moment...a memory
Don't forget me, for a minute
lets stop running and just fall down
Crash into the earth and be on solid ground
Together
All the moments I'm not with you
All the memories that we won't have
I don't want to regret so please
Be with me...as time goes by
I can't stand the thought
Of not having seized the moment
All the moments we could have shared
That could be memories...
Let's be together
For a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment