Wednesday, May 12, 2010




Charles Sandison (pictures from his site)

I like color. Well, I like certain color combinations and certain colors. In art, one can have color or one can have black and white. I mean, there are other options too. One can have just white, or black and blue. But one can choose something that is primarily black and white opposed to color. Am I making sense? I'll give an example. One of the artists I chose for my earlier presentation was an artist who used video projectors. Some of his projections were done with color(like the one at the DAM) and others were done with black and white(you can see them if you go to his website). I think both types are beautiful in their different ways. Color can bring certain moods. Bright colors can grab your attention. Black and white is dynamic because it's different. A black and white photo, compared to a color photo, may stand out. Thankfully we have color in real life, and to make art in black and white is to make it different than what we usually see. It's to make it stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment